Want to Lose Weight? Eat MORE of These Fat Burning Foods
It may sound like a contradiction but if you want to slim down, you actually need to eat. While there are no magic foods that melt fat the following can help kick-start your metabolism, fill you up and even lower your body fat percentage. So don't forget to add them to your shopping list.
1. Salmon: This cold-water fish is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids - heart-healthy polyunsaturated fats that help reduce inflammation throughout the body and may, in turn, keep your weight down. African Lean Belly Review Recent studies show that chronic inflammation can interfere with how your body responds to leptin, a hormone that helps regulate appetite. Choose wild salmon in preference to farmed salmon if you can and aim to eat one serving a week.
2. Coffee: Research shows that the caffeine may help you to tackle more intense workouts, which can translate to burning more calories and fighting off weight gain. Loaded with antioxidants, coffee may also lower the risk of Parkinson's, type 2 diabetes and some cancers BUT steer clear of calorie-laden coffee drinks with whipped cream, chocolate and sugary syrups. Instead, opt for a latte or cappuccino made with skim milk.
3. Yogurt: Calcium is king when it comes to staving off hunger and helping you lose weight; research shows it may also help prevent your body from storing fat. Yogurt is high in protein, which helps you stay fuller longer and keeps blood sugar levels stable.
4. Eggs: There's a lot of nutritional goodness in an egg including quality protein, B vitamins and vitamin D. Research published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition found people who ate eggs at breakfast lost twice as much weight, stayed full longer and had more energy throughout the day compared to those who ate bagels for breakfast.
5. Walnuts: Because they're high in protein, omega-3s and monounsaturated fat, walnuts satisfy and keep you fuller longer than snacks that aren't rich in protein and "good" fat. All you need is a handful.
6. Bison & buffalo: Good news for red meat lovers: bison and buffalo taste similar to beef but are lower in fat, cholesterol and calories. Choose bison or buffalo instead of beef for a burger and you'll save over 40 calories, 6 grams of fat and 3 grams of saturated fat, and get 25 percent less cholesterol.